In the event that you need to detox yourself, the first thing is to quit getting toxins into your body. And the place to start is with the food on your plate.
‘Detoxing‘ has turned out to be such a craze lately, from juice cleanses to crazy diet ideas, but most of them, if you follow, will leave you feeling tired and hungry. And in the end, you end up eating more wrong kind of food. The scientific truth is your body has natural detox capabilities. But those detox process works only when your diet is full of whole foods including whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean protein, and healthy fats.
Let’s detox with food first
- Start the day with hot water and fresh lemon, and give your body a little time to wake up before eating anything else. After your morning chores start your day with seasonal fruit. Never miss a chance to indulge in your favorite sweat routine and then only have your breakfast.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C rich foods in your diet every day.
- Practice breathing exercises deeply during your morning workout routine. Always keep 5-10 mins for deep breathing exercises for twice or thrice in a week.
- Eat lots of vegetables and whole fruits especially berries, pears, plums, and apples. Apples and pears are rich in the soluble fiber pectin. Pectin helps cleanse toxins from the bloodstream and lower LDL cholesterol. Besides being delicious, blueberries are nutrient-dense and are an abundant source of antioxidants.
- Go for raw nuts, seeds, avocados, and pears to get healthy fat needed for the body. Avocados have a wealth of antioxidants. The fatty acids in avocados help protect against damage caused by d-galactosamine, a powerful liver toxin. Healthy fats, in moderation, help you lose bloat, lose weight, and offer many health benefits and help you in detoxifying naturally.
- Hydration is the key. Drink at least two liters of water a day. Water helps to flush out toxins from the body. Also, thirst can be confused with hunger, so make sure to drink water before meals. The brain is best hydrated by water that is rich in electrolytes and a high content of trace minerals.
But wait, there’s more to this detox apart from food
In addition to the foodstuff, look at your complete lifestyle also. One should do more work on three more areas to completely detoxify life:
Workout: Time management in such a way where your health is also a priority apart from your work. While planning your vacations you can look out for the option of cycling holiday with family. Health bhi, fun bhi! Must spend some time with yourself and keep some time always for your physical activity. It will help to improve productivity and effectiveness.
Sleep: Follow a good sleeping pattern to improve my energy and hormones.
Surrounding: Be positive and spread positivity to improve the space and people that surround you.
So, are you ready for a detox? If yes, do share your experience in the comment section below!
Even I am gonna share my journey of detoxing my whole body and life in the comment section below… Keep watching the space!
Always remember, it just means YOU making a CHOICE to detox to improve how your body functions (mind, body, and/or spirit).